Wednesday, June 30, 2010

They call me "Home Run Javy". . .

. . . until the playoffs. Then, they call me "Grand Slam Javy."

Here it is in the 2nd inning, and I just dealt a gift to some bum with a "B" on Seattle. That pitch was as big as the Big Apple itself. I guess I was pissed off, 'cause next batter up, I hit. I can't believe I'm hitting subnormal hitters on the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the American League. May be time for me to visit AJ Burnett's grandpa in Arkansas.

Even "Mister .220" Milton Bradley makes it to first safe on a grounder. As my mentor (who--oddly--chooses to remain anonymous) used to say, "The longer the season . . . the longer the season." Especially to you Yankee fans. "The longer the season . . . the longer the season."

As a positive approach, I've taken to watching all video in games where I had a lead! Which is usually only the first inning of any game, possibly only the first batter. But whether it's the first inning or the first batter, maybe it'll wear off, and I'll get used to having a lead.

One last item:
I decided that two days before every start, I will not take a shower, so at least I have an excuse to stink. Anybody says "You stink"--they're right!

That's it for now from Home Run Javy. As I'll be called soon by my teamies. That is, at least, until the playoffs, if we make them, where my name will change. Please don't let me load the bases!

No comments:

Post a Comment